Tarot Beginner

Home Forums Divination Tarot Beginner

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Morgan Billingsley
      Participant

Hi all! I am SO excited because I just got my first ever deck and I was curious what tips/suggestions/resources you all had for getting started or getting the know the deck or just general tarot wisdom. Thanks!

Elizabeth Willett
      Participant

Just wanted to say, I’m following and interested what others have to say too. 😉

Some things I’ve realized for myself (I’m newish too and am learning as I go… I happened upon two decks that called to me and was gifted another after years of angel/oracle card use) are:
      ~ Answers more freely come to me when I ask open-ended questions if I am asking questions. Often I just ask for guidance in a certain area.
      ~ Any tarot card(s) that comes to me offers guidance and I still have free will (sometimes messages don’t immediately resonate and that’s okay)
      ~ Fear not. Negative isn’t something I allow in or myself to feel. I somehow feel and channel positive in most cards that come to me most of the time. It’s rare for me to get a “oh-sh*t” feeling from any card. And I can’t explain why or give tips for how to feel the same… sorry!
      ~ If something throws me for a complete loop or happens to give me an “oh sh*t” feeling, I reach out to a Tarot friend for some insight. So far, this has helped every time.
      ~ I think messages and Tarot are in part meant to challenge my beliefs, which can often be driven by ego.

Enjoy this process!

Morgan Billingsley
        Participant

Thank you so much for the advice! I definitely resonate with the cards challenging beliefs – it’s been such a good way to reflect on myself.

YAS! Which deck did you get?

I like to put my new decks under my pillow for a couple of nights and carry them around with me so I connect to the deck and the energy of the deck.

I find the easiest way to get started is just by doing a simple single card pull every day and asking “what do I need to know about today?”

You can also do 3 card pulls daily if you want more specifics. There are some sample 3 card spreads here in our Grimoire: https://thecunningcircle.mollymcclellan.com/grimoire/

I love Biddy Tarot for easy meanings if you need to go deeper than the little book that comes with it: https://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-card-meanings/

Morgan Billingsley
        Participant

I got The Herbcrafters Tarot (classic permie) and have loved being able to connect with the messages from the plants and herbs each card represents. And it’s absolutely beautiful! I have come across Biddy Tarot in my research so that’s great to know it’s a good source!

YAY! A fantastic permie choice <3

Just let me know what other questions come up. I LOVE tarot questions!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.