Introductions!

Home Forums Introductions Introductions!

Tagged: 

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author

Hi! My name is Molly, I use She/Her pronouns and in the Denver, CO metro area which is on Cheyenne, Núu-agha-tʉvʉ-pʉ̱, and Očhéthi Šakówiŋ land.

I was a teenage witch who fluttered in and out of practice for years and found solid footing in my regular practice years ago. I’m an herbalist, a tarot card addict, and learning more and more about Polish Magic and my ancestry.

I’m excited to connect with like-minded individuals on this path so we can come together in community <3

Joanna Dubisher
      Participant

Hi! My name is Joanna and my pronouns are she/her/hers. I live in the Denver, CO metro area, primarily in Littleton which is on the Cheyenne, Núu-agha-tʉvʉ-pʉ̱ (Ute), and Očhéthi Šakówiŋ land.

Magic has always been in my life despite growing up in a family that shuns it. I secretly read books from the library about witches and various belief systems growing up and most of it resonated with me far more than the conflicting dogmas each of my parents touted.

I’m a recent college grad from CU Boulder with a degree in Dance and minor in Arabic Studies who’s trying to find her way in this conflicted world. I seek wisdom from my tarot decks often, most often my Ophidia Rosa deck.

I’m currently learning about my Danish ancestry from my grandmother who was born in Denmark/Dansk. My other major lineages are German, Irish, English, and general Northern Scandinavia.

I’m excited to learn and meet others in this circle. <3.

Welcome, Joanna! <3

Ember James
      Participant

Hello,

I’m Ember and I’ve been studying paganism and witchcraft for nearly 20 years now. I’ve been more formally studying the Temple of Witchcraft Tradition the last three to four years. I plan to continue along that tradition, but I don’t want to limit myself.

Lately I’ve been more interested in the more earthy aspects of witchcraft. By that I mean, looking at and using things from the earth in my spell workings, rather than the airy-fairy manifestation that tends to come with Wicca, in my experience. I’ve been very interested in Slavic witchcraft the last couple of years; I just need more time to read up on that.

I’m always willing to learn new things, so I’m open to receiving whatever this has to offer.

Welcome Ember! <3

Joanna Dubisher
      Participant

Welcome Ember! =D

Amanda Stow
      Participant

Hello! My name is Amanda, and use the pronouns she/her.

I don’t have a formal history with witchcraft or magic. I’m what you may call a beginner, but life long practitioner (if that makes any sense). I have a small apothecary in my cupboard (only recently acquired). I only own one Tarot deck and one Oracle deck, and don’t know how to use either. I also adhere to an “organized” religious tradition, which I love. However I’ve always felt a connection to what people call “magic.” I have always loved learning about rituals that incorporated natural elements, folk tradition, and an embrace of the mysteries of our world. I’m so excited to be in this space. If I were to pick any particular practice, I’d say I’m more knowledgable of those from the British Isles. My ancestory (that I know of) is Basque, German, and we believe Welsh.

My favorite season is winter. Walking in a forest at night during the winter is the best! When summer soltice comes around, I’m rejoicing because I know the days are about to get shorter again.

Colleen Wilde
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      My name is Colleen (she/her). I am from the US (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania), but I have lived abroad for a total of almost 10 years. I currently live in Seoul, South Korea.

I have studied and practiced an elemental craft all of my life. I was a child obsessed with the magic of nature, playing making my own little “spells” and “remedies” in my backyard. I had an intense interest in witchcraft and the occult from a very young age. Over the years I have studied herbs, natural remedies, witchcraft, paganism, and the occult. I’ve mostly been a solo practitioner and have tailored a tradition/practice from my own journey and studies. However, over the last year or so I have really been craving a collective. It seemed too perfect when this opportunity with you all came along. ^_^
      My own practice relies more on nature, incorporates the wheel of the year, and is informed by occult studies.

I am mostly of Polish descent, and I’ve been looking more into our heritage of folklore and witchcraft. I have a bit of Cherokee/Sioux heritage as well, though I believe it is precious little.

I’m so looking forward to this journey together. I am crazy excited for the Solstice in a few days. I very unexpectedly have time off surrounding the holidays (thanks Covid, I guess. ugh), so I’m really looking forward to my Solstice rituals this year.

I so fully relate to what Amanda said up there about winter. Winter is my bliss, and I have often said exactly what you’ve typed up there. I too rejoice at the summer solstice, because it means the approaching of winter and the dissolving of summer. Heh!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Joanna Dubisher
      Participant

Welcome Colleen and Amanda!

Welcome Amanda!!

Welcome Colleen!

Carri Arata
      Participant

Hi.
      I’m Carri and I go by her/she and I live in the lost sierras in northern California, on native Maidu land.
      I have been practicing witch craft for 28 years, my early celebrations around celtic wiccan traditions. Very loosely. I have never been a part of a coven, although I have practiced ritual alongside many different groups over the years. For the past 10 years I have added Akashic elements, with deeper knowledge of the higher realms, dimensions, past lives, my galactic family and the arch angels. I am an Akashic records reader, and read tarot and oracle cards, too.
      The excitement for this Winter Solstice from all the upgrades that have been downloading all week has me surging with so much energy. I’m calling it a peaceful exhilaration. Ahhhhhhh.
      I am super excited for this space to discuss, share, and BE with you all.
      So much gratitude for you Molly!!

Hi I’m Amanda (she/her) and I live in the Denver metro area. I’m originally from the Texas oil patch and found myself here about 2 years ago.

While I’ve always been more “fluid” in my beliefs (particularly compared to my origins), it’s only been about the last year+ that I’ve formalized my practice. I prefer an eclectic path with pulls towards Tarot and green witchcraft (gardening/herbalism). I’m really excited for winter to be over, because I’m planning to try moon phase planting this next season. While not in a traditional coven, I work closely with two other witches that provides me with a wonderful and supportive environment.

While 2020 has been a sh*t show, my biggest blessing is that it’s given me a chance to dive headlong into something that’s always called to me. Having a chance to solidify and verbalize what’s always been there is such an amazing experience. Thanks for having me! I can’t wait to see what we build.

Welcome Amanda! So excited to have you here. 🙂 I’m fully committing to moon gardening this year too!! Yippee!!

Ember James
      Participant

Ooooo, welcome everyone! I can’t wait to get to know all of you 🙂

Sylvie Kates
      Participant

Hi all! Sorry for the late introduction – I am still figuring out how to navigate the site hah!

My name is Sylvie, and my pronouns are she/her. I live in Denver Colorado and I’ve considered myself a practitioner for about 1 1/2 years, so I definitely am still a beginner but I make it a part of my routine to spend lots of time reading, practising, and learning all that I can.

Crystals and tarot have been a huge part of my craft, but more recently over quarantine, I was drawn to learn more with herbs and created a home apothecary. I am an esthetician and have a big background in skincare so I learned how to make my own skin % body care products which have been a gamechanger! I am so excited to be a part of this group, and look forward to getting to know you all as well as expanding my practice!

Jodi Waseca
      Participant

Hi everyone!

My name is Jodi and I live in Portland, OR. I’ve dabbled in earth magic and the like off and on for years, when I found the time in between being a full time performer and all that it entails. Considering that is off the table in the capacity that I was doing it for the next while, I’m taking this as a sign to get back grounded in some…well, grounding work. I’m interested in delving more into herbalism, moon gardening, and spiritual work, and long term, using this knowledge to help folks and their families transition in a more holistic way. Oh, and I’m working on opening a performance space as well, but you know, state of the world and all, that’s a way down the road dream.
      I’m also of Polish heritage and am super excited to hear that this may be incorporated into the teachings!

Elizabeth Willett
      Participant

HI!

I’m Elizabeth (she/her) from Minnesota, currently living in Mankato, MN.

I believe plants make the best perfumes – I believe there is nothing real about a maraschino cherry – I believe if it comes from a grape it’s good – I believe in afternoon delight – I believe humans could live on bread, cheese, wine, chocolate and avocados – I believe movies are always better with popcorn – I believe in being in the mood – I believe that good juju is the secret ingredient – I believe everything is better when ordered extra dirty – I believe plants heal – I believe in real boobs and fake fur – I believe in pure bred dogs, rescue pooches and pound puppies – I believe in good, good, good vibrations…

I will choose to be happy for no reason, and face the world from that place (most of the time).

I’m a walk-in and consider myself a “beginner” witch. I have an affinity for Tarot that I recently decided to foster. I have fostered my intuition for many years and my gut talks to me more than my ego. I use these tools as herbalist, wellness counselor and mother. I love to garden, walk (especially in the woods) and drink green tea.

Morgan Billingsley
      Participant

Hi All!

My name is Morgan Billingsley (she/her). I am 24 years old living in Denver, Colorado but was born and raised in Virginia and moved after graduating college. I found myself in this circle after I met Molly during our Permaculture Design Course in 2018. Earlier this summer year I started to reflect on how damaging it is that so many of us categorize ourselves as “white” and have no ties to our heritage, traditions, or ancestry. I reached out to Molly for advice on how to begin that journey and she gave me some really helpful guidance. I followed her advice and had been dipping my toes in here and there when I saw her post on Facebook and was SO excited to have an opportunity for a community to learn more. I know next to nothing about magic and rituals but am looking forward to learning from you all and growing in my understanding of myself and my roots.

Candice Mcclay
      Participant

Hello All! My name is Candice, I use She/Her pronouns and in the Englewood, CO which is on Cheyenne, Núu-agha-tʉvʉ-pʉ̱, and Očhéthi Šakówiŋ land.

I since a child my mother always encouraged me to follow my intuition, but never experienced the magic or “witchy” parts of it. As an adult I experienced magic thru plants. I believe magic resides in the the earth and moon, we are the facilitator and plants are the catalyst.

I’m thrilled for Molly to hold this circle and for us all to connect.

Anna Volak
      Participant

Blessings beauties! I am Anna from Littleton, CO.

I’ve been a practicing eclectic witch, solitary & with open circles/groups, for 2 1/2 decades. I have also lead goddess gatherings for many moons & still occasionally do. My ancestry is German, French, Swedish & Dutch. I’ve studied many different traditions of magick & love to continue to learn more. Growing up in a haunted house with constant paranormal activity first inspired me to become a witch to protect myself but I’ve always felt connected to nature & animals spiritually so feel I am a natural elemental witch of sorts. Triple Scorpio that has an affinity for the dark side yet always try to stay in the light & be that light in the dark for others. Excited to be here with you all! Blessed be:)O(:

Kimberly Switzer
      Participant

Greetings! I’m Kimberly from South Florida.

I have always been a solo witch ever since I could remember. My grandmother would show me how to use some herbs and garden along with a few oils when I was little. She would tell me stories of how things ran in our family and to never ignore my intuition. Over the years I would always get in and out of touch due to life being so hectic. But now I want to really sit back down and learn as much as I can from all paths and makes friends with others.
      I’m a wife & mother of 2 the eldest son is 18 and my youngest daughter is 2. We recently moved into a larger space which will allow me to garden and have my own sacred space to relax.

It’s nice to meet all of you 🙂

Welcome, Kimberly! I’m so excited that you’re here and talk herbs and gardening with you!

Bailea Meeks
      Participant

Hello all!

My name is Bailea (pronounced Bayley) – she/her.

I’m very new to everything but excited and feel like I’ve found my place! I’m a lifetime learner and embrace traditions and rituals – so joining the Cunning Circle was a natural fit and easy decision.

I’m ready to learn, create, and hold space with you all :).

Welcome, Bailea! I’m delighted you decided to join us!

Tiffany McNeil
      Participant

Greetings! My name is Tiffany and my pronouns are she/her/hers. I currently live in Montrose, Colorado, on the ancestral lands of the Tabeguache (Uncompaghre) band of the Núu-agha-tʉvʉ-pʉ̱/Nuchiu/Nuuche (Ute) people.

I have been interested in the occult and witchcraft throughout my life, but it’s only in the past few years that I’ve felt called to explore it in greater detail. Being of Scots/Irish heritage, I do resonate with much of the Celtic tradition; however, in addition to cultural appropriation concerns, I am very aware that one has to be very cautious with anything labeled as “Celtic,” given that the majority of information we have about the ancient Celts comes from secondary sources at best (and is wholly made up at worst).

I am drawn to shadow work and, as a Cancer sun, I am definitely a “moon child.” I have always had an affinity for rocks and crystals and would love to continue exploring their use in magic, spells, and healing (I am a certified Crystal Reiki practitioner, although I am out of practice).

I am interested in herbalism, but I would not consider myself a gardener (I struggle to keep houseplants alive). I own several Tarot and Oracle decks but will confess that I’ve not studied deeply enough with any of them to consider myself more than a casual dabbler. I would like to change that.

One of my big passions is crafting and I’m currently exploring embroidery, cross-stitch, weaving, and macrame (I like to do ALL the things). I’m particularly interested in the history of hand sewing, especially as it pertains to women’s roles in society, as well as the potential uses of stitchcraft and needlecraft in magic and spell-making.

I’m excited to journey on the cunning path with all of you and am especially thrilled to have the opportunity to reconnect with several of my Denver friends. I have missed you all!

Welcome, Tiffany! We’ve missed you too!

I’m an herbalist who is a not so great gardener, so I feel you!

Dabbling is great, too!

Happy to see and have you here 🙂

Johanna Daggett
        Participant

Hello from a fellow Cancer (sun)! 🦀❤

Elizabeth Willett
      Participant

Hi Bailea and Tiffany! Welcome!

Laura Cox
      Participant

Hi! My name is Laura. I use she/her pronouns. I currently live in Victor, Colorado which is on Núu-agha-tʉvʉ-pʉ̱ land.

I have always felt an affinity to magick. For as long as I can remember I have had very vivid dreams and strong intuitions. My mom told me that I get the gift from my Granny. I have recently started practicing on my own as a solitary witch. I am addicted to Tarot cards and oracle decks. I recently started acquiring my own apothecary. I am very interested in integrating plants and the moon cycles into my magick. I have been trying to learn as much about my Irish, British, Scandinavian, and French ancestry and magick.

I have a Bachelors of Science in Wildlife Biology. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to work with animals and nature. I am a Mother of furry babies, and a Aunt of four beautiful nieces. My Furry family currently consists of 2 puppies and 6 kitties.

I am very excited to be apart of the Cunning Circle. I look forward to meeting you all and coming together in Circle.

Johanna Daggett
      Participant

Hello all! My name is Johanna, but I go by Josie. Pronouns are she/her.

I am currently living in Paradise Valley, AZ, which is the land of the Pima (Akimel O’odham) and the Maricopa (Piipaash) people who are still present and active in the community, educating and keeping their culture alive.

I can remember back into childhood having experiences and encounters that I now know were Spirit and beings reaching out to me, but unfortunately, being raised in a conservative religious environment I felt forced to shut down that side of myself out of fear and shame.

Years ago, after leaving the religion behind, I was put in the path of many wonderful people who slowly helped me realize that I am indeed a Witch and how to harness and express that. I am grateful to those who guided me on this path.

My practice went dormant for awhile, during which many people and situations fell away. After a move from WA state to AZ, I have had the last year be a time of intense self-discovery and embracing of who I am, and I am proudly Autistic and ADHD. I firmly believe that being NeuroDivergant is a big part of why I am a Witch and why Magick has always called to me.

When Molly’s IG post came up about the Cunning Circle being open for new members, I knew that it was finally time to dive back into my practice, now with a new acceptance and understanding in myself and how that expresses in my craft.

I am SO grateful to be here with all of you 🙏❤

Elizabeth Willett
      Participant

Hi Laura and Josie!

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.