Books?

Home Forums Miscellany Books?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Colleen Wilde
      Participant

Hello all ^_^

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a book thread/forum. I’m always trying to get my hands on new (or new to me) books about herbs, witchcraft, the occult, etc, and I’m thinking most of you are likely the same way. There is a lot of great writing out there, and sadly a lot of crap. Maybe we could compile a thread, or mini virtual library listing, with book titles and a short description, synopsis, or testimonial as to why it spoke to you.

I love this! What a great idea! And then I can also add a section in the resources page with links to them or a list in the grimoire!

Colleen Wilde
        Participant

Hurrah! ^_^

Perhaps we should start it here and then I can put it in the resources and such. What do you think might be best for the vision you had? 🙂

Colleen Wilde
            Participant

Sure, that’s a great idea. ^_^ I guess I was just thinking of a book listing, where you could maybe click on the book and see why someone had recommended it. If everyone makes a recommendation (or a condemnation) of a book, it would be great if they could give a few short sentences why they feel the way they do about the book. Is it a great resource for herbs, history of a specific region, utter BS, etc.

Colleen Wilde
      Participant

I can start with a recommendation. ^_^

One of my most essential reads from 2020 was Waking the Witch: Reflections on Women, Magic, and Power by Pam Grossman. It is a feminist exploration of the witch archetype throughout history, art, literature, pop culture, etc. It also includes relatable tidbits about her life and history with witchcraft.

Love this! Thank you for starting with a recommendation! I’ll build the framework to get a list started 🙂

Jenny Taylor
        Participant

Great recommendation. Thank you!

Sylvie Kates
      Participant

I love this thread! One of my favorite books this year was Llwellyns Complete Book of Correspondences. It is a wonderful reference for me to us for spellwork and has different correspondences of herbs, stones, deities, times, and everything you can think of. It has been so useful to me in my spiritual journey!

Nice! Correspondences are wonderful to have on hand and that sounds like a great reference book! I’ll add it to the list when I update it! Thank you, Sylvie!

Jenny Taylor
        Participant

Sweet! Added to my list! Thank you!

Jenny Taylor
      Participant

I was gifted “The House Witch” by Arin Murphy-Hiscok which I haven’t read yet and has anyone read “Year of the Witch: Connecting with Nature’s Seasons through Intuitive Magick”? It popped up as a recommendation for me.

I have “Year of the Witch: Connecting with Nature’s Seasons through Intuitive Magick” and am slowly making my way through it. The jury is still out. It is HEAVY focused on harvest rituals and the Celtic wheel of the year, there are some nuggets, but so far its too much celebrating old festivals without bringing a modern perspective to it…yet.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.