Believing in Magic

Home Forums Miscellany Believing in Magic

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jenny Taylor
      Participant

I wanted to ask this question that has been wandering around in my brain about believing in magic or having faith in magic/universe/etc. True, I’ve had some really magical things happen in my life and I believe in the concept (lack of a better word) of magic but when I’m in ritual, for instance, I have doubt. The only reason I have this is that if the intention/ask doesn’t “come true” in the way I want it to, then magic must not be real. Does that make sense?

I’ll give an example. In this month’s monthly magic, we did an employment spell. After I wrote down a specific intention, I wanted to write down a backup just in case the other one didn’t “come true” so that I could say hey, the magic still worked, I got that backup on there.

This is the first time I’m writing this out so I’m happy to clarify this a bit more but would love all your insights, thoughts, etc.

Hi!

Great question! I think that it is helpful to have a health doubt or skepticism in all we do, to be honest!

Do you know where the doubt is coming from? Is it a doubt in the existence and ability of magic itself, is it a doubt in your ability to do magic, or is it something else?

When doing magic there has to be a “trust” in the magic/manifesting/spell AND the single clear intention of what you want. It is helpful to be specific, but not so specific that it chokes every opportunity for serendipity and for things to happen FOR you. I was taught that when we get overly specific or write back-up plans, it doesn’t allow for the magic to actually happen in the way it is supposed to. If you do a back-up, it’s muddling the direct intention of the spell so the energy really doesn’t know which way to go. It’s like having 2 targets, but only one arrow….if that makes sense. You want to make sure that your OUTCOME is specific but not all of the steps in-between on how that outcome comes to be. This is REALLY hard for a type A/list making/control-freak like me, to be honest, but I have learned to let go and trust…most of the time LOL

Spells aren’t 100% guaranteed to work and sometimes they need to be re-worked/re-spelled multiple times. Much like everything in life, it’s rare that we get things perfect the first time, but with practice and re-focusing of intent, we can hit our mark.

Often, I find that one day I suddenly realize that I actually got EXACTLY what I asked for, just not in the way I thought it might be. It wasn’t a route/steps I would have chosen, per se, but the end result was what I had wanted.

I hope this is helpful and I’m here to help clarify or continue the conversation! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jenny Taylor
      Participant

Thanks for getting back to me Molly, this was very helpful and I think my doubt comes from magic itself and the “trust” that it will happen the way it needs to at the moment that I’m setting my attentions in ritual.

You’re welcome. I can understand and appreciate that!

In my brain the “it will happen the way it needs to” is what happens after the intention/request/desire is set in ritual. That’s the hard part. The fact that I can’t dictate how Iย want it to happen.

In ritual the main focus is the actual request. The magic is in letting ย it (the magic itself) figure out how to get the request to you in the best way it can. <3

Jenny Taylor
      Participant

Got it and I really like “it will happen the way it needs to”… also a good mantra for life in general. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.