Reply To: Introductions!

Home Forums Introductions Introductions! Reply To: Introductions!

Tiffany McNeil
Participant

Greetings! My name is Tiffany and my pronouns are she/her/hers. I currently live in Montrose, Colorado, on the ancestral lands of the Tabeguache (Uncompaghre) band of the Núu-agha-tʉvʉ-pʉ̱/Nuchiu/Nuuche (Ute) people.

I have been interested in the occult and witchcraft throughout my life, but it’s only in the past few years that I’ve felt called to explore it in greater detail. Being of Scots/Irish heritage, I do resonate with much of the Celtic tradition; however, in addition to cultural appropriation concerns, I am very aware that one has to be very cautious with anything labeled as “Celtic,” given that the majority of information we have about the ancient Celts comes from secondary sources at best (and is wholly made up at worst).

I am drawn to shadow work and, as a Cancer sun, I am definitely a “moon child.” I have always had an affinity for rocks and crystals and would love to continue exploring their use in magic, spells, and healing (I am a certified Crystal Reiki practitioner, although I am out of practice).

I am interested in herbalism, but I would not consider myself a gardener (I struggle to keep houseplants alive). I own several Tarot and Oracle decks but will confess that I’ve not studied deeply enough with any of them to consider myself more than a casual dabbler. I would like to change that.

One of my big passions is crafting and I’m currently exploring embroidery, cross-stitch, weaving, and macrame (I like to do ALL the things). I’m particularly interested in the history of hand sewing, especially as it pertains to women’s roles in society, as well as the potential uses of stitchcraft and needlecraft in magic and spell-making.

I’m excited to journey on the cunning path with all of you and am especially thrilled to have the opportunity to reconnect with several of my Denver friends. I have missed you all!